Gonzalo Garcia Ordóñez wrote this for Tal Cual today. I thought I would translate it and we could all add new questions in the comments and I will post the new ones at the end of the list as they appear.
The voters ask the CNE
1. Which law authorizes the military electoral operation the so called “Republic Plan” to operate the fingerprint machines?
2. In which article and of which law is the CNE authorized to use blank voting notebooks for its voters?
3. Which law authorizes the Directors of the Electoral Power to turn over the Electoral Registry to the political parties with no addresses?
4. In which part of our electoral legislation do electronic voting notebooks appear?
5. Why doesn’t the CNE give out information about the results of the in situ audits?
6. Why isn’t there a “social electoral comptroller” for the results, machine by machine, record by record, on the Internet, before a winner is declared?
7. Why don’t the military members of the Republic Plan have their right to vote guaranteed and appear in the electoral notebooks?
8. Why were voters changed, without authorization, from their voting centers and why their slow relocation to the original voting centers?
9. Why does the CNE authorize the mobilization of reservists outside their voting centers
10. When we are talking about violations of the Constitution on Electoral matters, why doesn’t the CNE act, for example, in the case of public workers in their Government jobs who are actively campaigning?
11. Has the Electoral Power seen the political advertising on the side of the UNEFA building, a building under a special military regime
12. Who allows Minister William Lara to give statements for the media with MVR propaganda on the background?
13. Why, if the law forbids it, does the Government candidate use the name of Miranda in his political campaign?
14. Why does the CNE allow that the Government, when using the space given to it under the Law of social responsibility of radio and TV, identify itself as the Bolivarian Government of Venezuela? What would happen if an adeco, copeyano, or justicial Mayor identified its Government as Adeco, Copeyano or Juticicial Government? For example: Justicial Municipality of Baruta?
15. Which law authorizes active military that are part of the Chiefs of Staff to participate in electoral political matters?
16. Was it a violation or provocation to the rule of law, the public and noted fact, as the Prosecutor would say, that active military who are part of the Presidentâs security, accompanied the President dressed with red shirts on the day he registered his candidacy
17. How does the CNE plan to separate Government events from the political campaign, for example, billboards paid by Governors, Mayors, and Pdvsa?
18. Can all Venezuelans participate in the totaling of the tally sheets via Internet, that is, that each witness knows that the computerized results of his poll booth are the correct ones?
19. What will happen to the electoral waste accumulated at the CNE?
20. How can one trust CNE Board members who are pro-Government and a CNE committed to the revolution?
Dr. Tibisay Lucena, the people are not stupid and know what is going on, but they still aspire to free and transparent elections.
21. Why is that the “Con Chavez el Pueblo es el Gobierno” and “Con Chavez todo el Poder para el Pueblo” slogans are not forbidden in official ads?